See list of UK HealthCare locations »
Parking garages and lots are available near our facilities for patients, family members and visitors.
For these locations:
- UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital
- Kentucky Children's Hospital
- Center for Advanced Surgery
- College of Dentistry
- Gill Heart Institute
Park at the UK Chandler Hospital parking garage, 110 Transcript Avenue, directly across South Limestone from the hospital. The parking garage features 1,600 extra-wide parking spaces in a well-lighted structure that helps visitors feel safe and secure. 126 spaces are designated as accessible parking for persons with disabilities.
Hours and fees
- Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Patients who are covered by UK-HMO get free parking with proper validation from the UK-HMO check-in desks.
- Parking costs 75¢ per hour, with a maximum charge of $6 per exit.
- Extended discounted visitor parking passes are available.
Patient drop-off information
- For all services, drop off at the main entrance of Chandler Hospital or Emergency Department.
- The College of Dentistry is located behind the hospital. From the main entrance of Chandler Hospital turn left at the Information Desk, then turn right and cross the courtyard to the next building.
Free door-to-door shuttle service
- Free, wheelchair-friendly (no steps) shuttle buses transport visitors safely to and from the hospital’s front loop and Emergency Department entrances, 24 hours a day, every day.
- A second shuttle route serves the Kentucky Clinic 6 a.m. – 8 p.m., Monday – Friday.
- Shuttle buses for each route arrive every three to five minutes.
- Patients or visitors may be dropped off at the hospital’s front loop or Emergency Department entrances, or at the Kentucky Clinic entrance on South Limestone.
- An ambassador is available at the shuttle loading area 6 a.m. – 11 p.m. to answer questions and help patients and visitors access the shuttles. An ambassador also provides assistance at the hospital’s main entrance.
A pedestrian bridge provides a visual connection to the new hospital and features a pedestrian skyway wide enough to accommodate a golf cart for those who need transportation. Enclosed and climate controlled, it will provide a convenient walking path from Level C of the garage to the concourse level of the new hospital.
For your safety, please DO NOT cross South Limestone on foot.
Directions to these facilities
Kentucky Clinic and Kentucky Clinic Dentistry
For Kentucky Clinic and Kentucky Clinic Dentistry, park at Kentucky Clinic parking garage, 140 Huguelet Avenue.
Directions to Kentucky Clinic
- Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Attendant on duty: Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m.- 9 p.m.; Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 5:30 p.m.
- Patients covered by UK-HMO get free parking with proper validation from the UK-HMO check-in desks.
- Parking fees are $0.75 per hour, with a maximum charge of $6.00 per exit.
Patient drop-off information:
- Drop patients off at the main entrance of Kentucky Clinic on South Limestone in the circle drive.
- You may also drop patients off within the Kentucky Clinic parking garage at each level before parking.
- Elevator is available just inside the clinic doors at each level of the garage.
- Call ahead for wheelchair assistance: 859-323-5581.
UK Good Samaritan Hospital
For UK Good Samaritan Hospital, park at Good Samaritan Hospital parking garage, 310 South Limestone.
Directions to UK Good Samaritan Hospital
- Parking is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Drop patients off at the main entrance of UK Good Samaritan Hospital on South Limestone.
Markey Cancer Center
For Markey Cancer Center, park at Markey Cancer Center parking lot, 800 Rose Street.
Directions to Markey Cancer Center
- A parking lot for Markey Cancer Center outpatients is located near the Whitney-Hendrickson Building, accessible via Hospital Drive.
- Drop patients off at the circle in front of the Markey Cancer Center (No parking; for pick-up and drop-off only.)
Kentucky Clinic South and Kentucky Clinic South Dentistry
For Kentucky Clinic South, park in Kentucky Clinic South parking lot, 2400 Greatstone Point, off Harrodsburg Road.
Directions to Kentucky Clinic South
UK Polk-Dalton Clinic
For UK Polk-Dalton Clinic, park in Polk-Dalton Clinic parking lot, 217 Elm Tree Lane, in downtown Lexington.
Directions to Polk-Dalton Clinic
UK HealthCare East
For UK HealthCare East, park in the UK HealthCare East Parking Lot, 101 Prosperous Place, off Richmond Road.
Directions to UK HealthCare East
For UK HealthCare Sports Medicine, park in the UK HealthCare Sports Medicine Parking Lot, 601 Perimeter Drive.
Directions to UK HealthCare Sports Medicine
Department of Orthopaedics, Spine, & Total Joint Service
For UK HealthCare Department of Orthopaedics, Spine & Total Joint Service, park in the Good Samaritan Medical Plaza Parking Lot, 125 East Maxwell Street, in downtown Lexington.
Directions to UK Dept. of Orthopaedics Spine & Total Joint Service
Parking for visitors with disabilities
- Parking spaces for visitors with disabilities are located near UK HealthCare facilities and are available to visitors with special needs.
- These spaces require a disabled permit issued by Parking Services or a gate attendant.
Call 859-323-8085 to get assistance finding accessible parking or a permit.
Extended parking passes for visitors
Visitors needing continual access to the UK Hospital Garage and Kentucky Clinic Garage for an extended time may purchase a seven-day Visitor Pass. For information, call the Parking Service Office at 859-323-8085.
- The passes cost $20 a week for the first and second passes. After buying two consecutive seven-day passes, there is no charge for additional consecutive passes.
- Passes are available at the Parking Service Office in the Hospital Garage,110 Transcript Avenue, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday.
- Passes can be used in UK Hospital Garage and Kentucky Clinic Garage.
- The pass should be displayed on the rear-view mirror while parked.
- Show the pass to the parking booth attendant when you give them your fee ticket and you will not be charged for parking.
- Passes are non-transferrable and the fee to replace a lost or stolen pass is $5.
UK HealthCare service area parking
If you need to load or unload large or heavy items, you should request a Service Permit (S). To obtain a permit, call Parking Services at 859-323-8085.
UK campus parking information
For information on parking elsewhere on the UK campus, please see UK Parking & Transportation Services.